Please sign in to post.

Central Europe Itinerary Idea (August 2021)

I spend lots of time in this forum before any trip I take to Europe and I wanted to post my itinerary idea here and see what people thought. I will be traveling solo for the first time and will be ok with seeing just the highlights in these cities. I know its going to be quick.

Disclaimer: I don't think I will go unless its completely open with no testing needed to come back.

-Fly to Berlin
Three nights in Berlin
-SideTrip Tour transfer to Prague

Three nights in Prague
-SideTrip Tour transfer to Budapest

Three nights in Budapest
-Fly to Paris

One night in Paris
-Train to Bayeaux
Two nights in Bayeaux
-Train to Paris
One night in Paris
-Train to Amsterdam

Three nights in Amsterdam
-Fly home

If you are unfamiliar with SideTrip, it is a one-way tour transfer that moves you and your luggage to a new destination in Central Europe while stopping at some sites. I had them booked for a few transfers on my trip that was canceled for 2020, haven't used them but all the reviews I've found have been outstanding. Anyone have any experience with them?

Would love any feedback! Or if anyone wants to join, hit me up! (33M)

Posted by
6113 posts

Three nights means only 2 days somewhere, so you are short changing every destination and you are going to lose about half a day every time you transfer. Prague to Paris is likely to be around a 6-7 hour journey door to door. You may lose the first day or 2 of Berlin to jet lag.

No one knows what the Covid situation is going to be in August, but you need to be prepared to be flexible, as border situations may change and restrictions may be eased or imposed at short notice. Just today, France has imposed quarantine restrictions on Brits going there, despite 36% of British adults having had both jabs and 75% having had their first. In France, the corresponding proportions are 16 and 35%.

Covering five countries is going to increase your risk of some issue occurring.

Posted by
71 posts

For a whirlwind tour, looks pretty good to me! The Paris/Bayeux/Paris bit seems a bit awkward with such brief glimpses of Paris on either side. Might be worth looking into whether you could plan one bigger travel day to go from Budapest to Bayeux via Paris so it could be 2 nights in Bayeux followed by 2 nights in Paris.

Posted by
12 posts

Claire,

I have been recently rethinking that same thing. Maybe I should just take the train right to Bayeaux when I get to Paris. I have been to Paris before so I wouldn't really be needing to do much in terms of sightseeing so that was why my original plan was the way it was.