Please sign in to post.

Sistine Chapel

Is the closing time for the Sistine Chapel the same as the Vatican Museum? I looked at their website and it does not have seperate time tables for the two venues. I would like to visit them both in the afternoon but need to know what time to arrive to make the Chapel. Will be there 2nd week of November.

Posted by
11439 posts

Cami:
I highly recommend a tour with Walks in Italy, the "Pristine Sistine." They take you through the museums, right to the Sistine Chapel before the crowd gets there. We entered when there were only about 30 people in there and it was amazing! Plus, they will give you a terrific and interesting explanation of the art, the history and the symbolism. Then you backtrack and tour the highlights of the nuseum and St. Peter's Basilica. An excellent package.

Posted by
100 posts

I was there in Dec 08 Christmas Eve morning and it all closed at the same time. Don't lay on the floor of the Chapel to view the ceiling....God's Bouncers will not like that kind of move or you.

Posted by
7643 posts

The Sistine Chapel is included as part of the museum tour, so the closing time is the same. The Chapel is positioned near the end of the route, so do make sure you leave enough time to see it and not be rushed out.

Posted by
3 posts

Thank you all for your advice! It will be helpful as I explore the Eternal City!