Please sign in to post.

SIM cards?

I want to purchase a SIM card for my phone while I'm in France. I will be here for a month, and I'm not really sure when I'll be coming back again. I'd like to find one that will let me keep the number and not expire.. I've heard of some that you just send a text once in a while to keep it active. others make you buy more time. I am just looking for the best deal for sending and receiving calls between France, UK, and USA. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Posted by
9363 posts

Yep, I love that phone! The per-minute is a little pricey but it has so many other advantages. And they shipped it overnight to me from the UK for $10!

Posted by
1455 posts

Go on ebay. I got a virgin mobile uk one, and they allow me to link it to my AMEX. I used it in France, and while it wasn't dirt cheap (compared to getting a French SIM) the telephone number was mine and followed me around Europe.

In France you can go to a Cell phone place and get a SIM. Just make sure your cellphone is unlocked and uses the Euro frequency. Or.. buy a prepaid phone if your not sure on your cell.

Posted by
1568 posts

Scroll down and read the post "GMS World Phone". I will definitely get this one before traveling again....$49 and only the calls you make will be charge to your CC.

Posted by
14 posts

thanks! I had issues unlocking my phone, so I ended up buying a SIM card in France and for an extra 9€ got a cheap little phone. Got a good deal.... 1 hr 50 min for 25€ I think. And that lasted me almost the whole month. :-)

Posted by
1568 posts

According to the Mobal web site.....the $49/$99 is a one time life time charge. It sound like the best thing going at present time.