Please sign in to post.

Sim Card

Is it required to have a sim card from each Scandinavian country in order to make phone calls and receive texts? My phone is from the USA.

Posted by
872 posts

No. I will assume that your phone is relatively new and unlocked. But this may be a good time to check on what your phone company provides for international roaming and how much that will cost... And if it is dual-SIM or eSIM capable. Check your phone plan and the Technology Tips part of the forum for much more detailed discussions.

Posted by
6532 posts

Most physical SIM cards and eSIM data plans allow you to narrow down or broaden your focus as needed. For example, you can buy an eSIM data plan for Sweden alone or buy one for all of Europe for a bit more. And you can add more if you need to - for example, I bought an eSIM data plan for just Germany since that is where I was going. But while there, I decided to add 3 days in Copenhagen, so I bought a 7-day (shortest period available) 1Gb data plan for Denmark only, and switched it out between countries while I was there. I think it was only $5.