Please sign in to post.

September 2016

Planning to travel to Switzerland, Dolomites, and France for 3 weeks Fall 2016. Tentative plan is to fly into Zurich then train to Grindelwald. (We love it there, not RS fav) Off to Dolomites after that possibly followed by C.T. Lastly France and flying home from Paris. Hope to mostly travel by train. Need help. Thanks

Posted by
32320 posts

Ann,

That doesn't seem like the most efficient Itinerary. Is there a particular reason you're travelling in that order? Which part of the Dolomites are you considering?

Posted by
7175 posts

I think this might be the best routing by train ...
Zurich >> Grindelwald >> Cinque Terre >> Dolomites >> Venice >> (fly to) Paris

Posted by
33452 posts

Like Chani said - what do you need help with?

Posted by
11636 posts

Like Nigel said, which part of the Dolomites? Some parts are easier to get to than others. By train you will be somewhat targeted to Meran area or the Val Gardena, I think, with some bus transfers necessary but easy.

Just a thought: seems like too much ground to cover in 3 weeks. "France" is big. Will you hike in Grindelwald and the Dolomites? Any idea how many nights you want to spend in each location?

David suggested "Zurich >> Grindelwald >> Cinque Terre >> Dolomites >> Venice >> (fly to) Paris", but Venice is out-of-the-way, and the last thing you need is another stop. If you can answer some of the questions posed, we can perhaps be more directed in our help.

Posted by
7175 posts

If you finished in the Dolomites then you could push thru to Innsbruck airport to fly out, but I think Venice would offer more flight options.

Posted by
33452 posts

Ann, I see that over the years when you have posted a question you have never returned with more information or feedback. A couple of us here have asked what exactly you need in your question but I guess from your previous questions you won't.

It is so much easier to answer your question if we know what your question is. Otherwise you will get people giving suggestions like throwing darts at a dartboard.