Please sign in to post.

Sacramento Travel Meeting - Saturday 2/15 @ 10:00 a.m.

It's that time again to meet with fellow travelers to talk about --- travel!!

As always, we meet the 3rd Saturday of the month at 10:00 a.m.

Location-
Panera Bread 3571 North Freeway Blvd. Sacramento This is off I-80, using the Truxel Rd. exit.

Everyone who wants to discuss their upcoming trips, reminisce about past trips, or just hang out and talk about travel is welcome.

Who's planning to be there?

Posted by
4407 posts

Again? There seems to be one of these get-togethers practically every month...

Well, if I can't find anything better to do...guess I'll be there ;-)

Posted by
4407 posts

David, I'm still working on that; nothing has materialized, though. So...I guess I still have Panera to fall back on ;-)

(If something better comes along, I'll let you know! Mum's the word...)

Posted by
6 posts

I'll be up from Fairfield that day for another episode of shopping at Calif's state property auction, which also starts at 10 A. After all the TSA seized items sell then a whole slew of misc. junk comes up so I may stop by Panera during that part, so how late does your chat session run? Mark. I'm looking for info on Madrid

Posted by
10223 posts

Mark, we are almost always there until 1:00-2:00, and we've been known to stay as late as 4:00. More than once or twice. :-)

Eileen, we know you have nothing better to do. See you next Saturday.

Posted by
10223 posts

Larry, will you be coming to the meeting? I'm hoping you can help me figure out some train trips.

Posted by
4407 posts

Wow, Andrea. That was totally unnecessary. True, but unnecessary.

;-)

Posted by
348 posts

Anybody have info on Southeastern France (Bordeaux or Sarlat) or the Riviera? Thought we'd go there after Barcelona.

Eileen is still looking for the ocean view at Bette's.

Posted by
10223 posts

Kat - I have a Provence/Riviera book I can bring to the meeting, if you'd like to take a look at it. Let me know.

Posted by
4407 posts

Andrea (even if you're a meany LOL!), if you're looking for train info for France or Germany, I might be able to help. Great Britain? Forget it! That's why we have Nigel 8^D

Posted by
1914 posts

Larry mentioned to me that he will not be at the meeting. However, we have not received his written excuse, so we'll have to vote on whether we will accept it or not. I say if it is work related we can let it slide this time, and if it is something fun we will have to require an invite for everyone.

Posted by
9420 posts

I'll be there! Between 10:30 and 11:00... : )

Posted by
1914 posts

Excellent!

It will be great to have you with us Susan! Another French expert to help me out :-)

Posted by
4407 posts

Either Andrea beings her Travelin' Trailer, or I'm bringing my sleeping bag next time. Maybe we could gather our cars into a circle for the night...like they did in The Old West. I know all about this, 'cause they did it in the movies. ;-) Maybe we trade off on night watch duties...

Posted by
10223 posts

We could set the trailer up in the Panera parking lot! You are a genius Eileen! Don't let it go to your head...

Posted by
4407 posts

Too late; I've already got the sign in the front yard. The T-shirts will be ready Thursday...