Please sign in to post.

Roma Pass

My first entry and, unfortunately it's a problem. My wife and I are going to Italy in September and we wanted to use a Roma Pass. One of the things we hoped to do was go to the Borghese Museum. I phoned the museum but they wouldn't grant me a reservation until I have a Roma pass or pay up front. I decided to get the Roma Pass beforehand on line so we could use it to get a reservation at the Borghese. I paid for the Roma Pass through something called TicketBar. They asked me where and when I want to pick up the Pass but haven't sent any number or other verification that I actually have a pass so I still can't make a reservation at the Borghese. I've emailed TicketBar several days ago without response. Any suggestions?

Posted by
15855 posts

That's odd because the info for booking on the Roma Pass website has not changed:

"For the Borghese Gallery and Palazzo Valentini (Domus Romane), booking is required also for Roma Pass and/or Roma Pass 48 hours holders….
For reservations to the Borghese Gallery and/or Domus Romane/Palazzo Valentini, please call +39 06 32810 (open Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm – Saturdays, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm). Bookings can be made directly from the visitor’s home country, even before purchasing the card."

Or the Borghese website:
"Ticket reservations are required for all visitors.
For the Roma Pass holders and tour guides, tickets must be booked by phone at +39 06 32810 and picked up at the ticket office of the museum 30 minutes before the opening hour"

I wonder if you got a new, inexperienced employee on the phone? I would try again and see what happens.

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks, Kathy. Actually, I got a reply re the Pass and have a confirmation number for it. I think I'll try phoning the Borghese again tomorrow morning. Quoting their information may be helpful!