Please sign in to post.

Rick Steves Audio Europe app

You suggested the tour group Download the Audio Europe app and told us It's best to download all applicable tours before leaving home. Great idea but it is a huge list.

We're about to take the Best of Europe in 14 Days (Tour Code: EPR050624)

Please suggest a way to narrow the items or at least a basic recommendation to help us sort it through.

Perhaps I am looking at all the wrong places.

Posted by
2353 posts

This might be best addressed by an email to the tour department tour@ricksteves.com. If it was me, I'd download the walking tours for the major stops on your specific tour (Rome, Florence, Venice, Munich, Paris). They should match up with your guidebook relatively well.

Posted by
2743 posts

I use the Audio Europe app pre-tour/trip to learn more about the area I’m visiting. I download the audio segments that are of interest to me and all the walking apps to get an overview of cities and museums. I listen to them when walking and exercising.
Before the tour I delete all audio segments I know I won’t refer to again. I also delete the walks that are included on the tour. I keep any walks that I think I might do during free time or independent travel.
When I get home, I delete that trip’s segments and download the next trip’s.

Posted by
216 posts

It should also be noted that you can also download the tours when you’re actually in Europe and know for certain which ones you’ll need. Of course, you’ll need internet access to do this, but obviously that can be hotel wifi (if you won’t have access to cellular data/don’t want to use it). I took this tour (back in 2019) and I recall using maybe 5-6 of the audio tours, and that was for sights we visited during our free time. So not a huge amount, but your preferences may vary. On our tour, we had a guided walk with a local guide in each city. So the RS audio tours we used were mostly for cathedrals, museums, etc.

Posted by
845 posts

I have the app but don't download any of the city/museum walks/tours until I am at my destination. The night before, I will decide which ones I need and download using hotel wifi. Then next day, I will delete what I have used, and download what I need (if any) for the next day.