Please sign in to post.

Rent A House/Apartment for One Month 2013

I would appreciate any information on renting a house in Italy near a train station (one mile) for the summer in 2013. We would like to travel by train and avoid renting a car. Name of city, name of train station. If possible, please include the weekly rental, or monthly rental. Thank you.

Posted by
9422 posts

Check out tripadvisor.com for more rental apt recommendations.

Posted by
107 posts

How is airbnb.com for renting accomodations?
I've never used it, but recently have done some searches on the site and there seems to be a lot of reasonably prices rentals all over the world, and many with many good reviews.

Posted by
964 posts

Hi Dianne,
you could try VRBO.com or Homeaway.com. I don't know about other cities, but both Verona and Padua are on a good line for lots of other cities. Trenitalia.it is the website for Italian rail travel.

Posted by
11 posts

Thank you. I knew there was someone out there who had the information I need.
I have used trenitalia.com and it can be confusing at times.

Posted by
11 posts

I am looking over the website www.airbnb.com and it has so many wonderful places to choose from! The prices are more in my budget. Thank you!!

Posted by
361 posts

Re: AirBnb rentals. In May we had a very successful rental in Taormina, Sicily. Nicely located, furnished and a wonderful host who answered all of our questions honestly. AirBnb customer support was great too as I had never rented this way before and had a lot of questions. I certainly plan to use them again where ever we want to go. I think that is your responsibility to check everything out before you commit. We have also had great success all over Italy with Homeaway.com, Booking.com and Venere.com. Hope that this helps. Sherry

Posted by
638 posts

I haven't used AirBnb for Europe but I did use them for Vancouver BC about this time last year when I went up to catch some hockey games, I was able to rent an apartment a block from the arena at a very good price. I second what Sherry said, being able to contact the owner made the transaction easy and having the security of the company to work as the middle man in case there were any problems was good for peace of mind.

Posted by
11 posts

This is the best website to interact with travelers I can think of! All of the suggestions are very helpful and I will go by what others have mentioned for less bumps on the road to finding a place for our vacation in Italy. Thank you.

Posted by
8711 posts

Another vote for airbnb. VERY pleased with the places I stayed in. Like being able to ask the owner specific questions and get to know them before I arrived. My only suggestions is getting an exact address of the accommodation so you can use the satellite function on Goole Maps to see the neighborhood. For my rentals in London helped see how close the Underground stations were. Would help you see the distance to the local train station as well as markets, cafes, pharmacies, etc.