Please sign in to post.

Rail Pass in Belgium

Can someone provide information regarding rail pass in Belgium of 10 trips for €77? My husband and I will be traveling Amsterdam to Ghent round trip but will take side trips from Ghent to Bruges and other places of interest in Belgium. Nigel, if you see this post I would appreciate your expertise or anyone else who has purchased this package. Also would like to hear of side trips taken by other travelers.

Posted by
8126 posts

I liked Utrecht, Rotterdam, Delft, and Keukenhoff (only in late April to late May) from Amsterdam.
I liked Antwerp and really liked Dinant in Belgium.

never bought a pass in Belgium;
but 77 euros seems low compared the countries in Europe popular with the people on this forum;
just read all the rules on the official site place where you buy it in conjunction what folks say here.

Posted by
114 posts

We purchased and used the Belgium Rail Pass for our trip in April and it worked out really well! Multiple people can use the same pass. It is only valid from the first train station after you enter Belgium or until the last station before you leave Belgium. So coming from Amsterdam, you would have to purchase a separate ticket from Amsterdam to the first station in Belgium, after which point your rail pass would then be valid. We ended up saving a significant amount of money by splitting the rail pass between 3 of us.

Posted by
4684 posts

The price is low because it's for a specific number of trips rather than unlimited travel. You can simply buy it from a station in Belgium. You and your husband can share one, but each one-way leg will take up two of the ten trips.

Note that it is not valid to Amsterdam or anywhere else in the Netherlands.

Posted by
33513 posts

the carnet works well if the number of trips is suitable