Please sign in to post.

Prescription medications?

I'm traveling to Germany and the Czech Republic in a few months and I was wondering about medications. I heard that some medications that are legal here in the US can be illegal in other countries. I take a prescription contraceptive, and I can't seem to find any info on whether or not it's allowed. Would anyone happen to know? Is it something I need to contact the respective embassies about?

Posted by
9109 posts

Don't worry about it. Entering the EU customs checks are very rare. When you're reentering the US after your trip you have a higher chance of having your bags searched by US Customs officer, but the odds are still pretty low. Just make sure you have the original pharmacy label, and you'll be fine.

Posted by
11507 posts

Renne,, do not worry about illegal birth control, ,lol,, no , its more like narcotic pain relievers , some of which we can get over the counter ( like codeine) that can be a bit of a problem, in some countries,, but birth control, nope. Germany and Czech will be fine with your pills, just carry in orginal container to be safe( I sometimes dump pills into other jars,, but I would not advise others to do same since technically you are supposed to bring prescription meds in their marked containers for some places. )