Please sign in to post.

power strip

I am spending 10 days in Paris starting 9/6/10. I would like to take a power strip with me that is not too bulky or weighty. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Posted by
4412 posts

You could just take a 6 foot extension cord with three plug receptacles. That would also solve the common problem of inconvenient wall outlet placement. Are you talking about a surge protector. Also read the post from Lee. That would be the same as my suggestion except without the extension cord. I am trying to avoid pesky punctuation...so that my posts no longer look like the previous post from Lee. Sorry it reads a little stilted. Only periods seem to be safe...

Posted by
32324 posts

Linda, Have a look at my reply to a similar question in this section - www.ricksteves.com/graffiti/helpline/index.cfm/rurl/topic/54741/power-strips-for-multiple-charging-units.html The Monster Power Bars are designed for travel, and not too large or heavy. I WOULDN'T suggest buying one there. It will certainly have the correct plug to fit the outlets, but ALL of the outlets on the power bar will be European style, meaning you would need a Plug Adapter for EACH outlet. With the Monster Power Bar, you will only need ONE Plug Adapter. Happy travels!

Posted by
6 posts

Magellan's sells one that works on 220 volts. It worked fine. Another tip; I go to a supermarket or electronics store and buy an adapter plug (it has the Euro plug in to the socket and three-four plug ins). I use them anytime I cross the pond.

Posted by
500 posts

I recently got a Outlets To Go strip adapter from Monster Cable. In addition to 3 outlets it has a USB port. It was about $10 on sale at Radio Shack.