Please sign in to post.

Please help with Europe in March 2010 ???

Hi all and Happy Holidays! My wife and I are taking a trip to Europe from Mar 5-21. We start and end in London. We plan not spend time in London, however, except for the last two nights before coming home. We have thought of locations such as Austria, Oslo, Lisbon, Italian Riviera, Paris, and Prague. Knowing we can't go to all of those, we are looking for helpful suggestions for itineraries. We like smaller towns than larger touristy ones, bed and breakfasts and some nice hotels too, and some good food and shopping from time to time. Also, we like water and mountains, to go walking/hiking, and good outdoor scenery. ANY and ALL suggestions would be great. Thanks so much! Scott

Posted by
1078 posts

What I would suggest you do is go to www.easyjet.com, chekc where they fly and build a southern itinerary around them.
My experience is that they are cheap and reliable. Recently flew from MAN to Lisbon and did Portugual with spouse, and you could start there and end in Barcalona or the Spanish islands and come back with a tan and a lot of small village experience.
Good LucK!

Posted by
15768 posts

How are you planning to travel between London and the continent? And how will you travel around once you are there?

Rome and Chicago are at about the same longitude. All your locations - even the Italian Riviera - are further north, except Lisbon. They are likely to be cold and wet.

If you don't mind hiking and driving in those conditions . . .

Posted by
10344 posts

Travel time between destinations, and weather in Europe in March, are limiting factors that you'll want to consider in your detailed trip planning.

Tools to help with those two issues are in our FAQ's.

Go here for planning tools that will tell you travel times between destinations.

Go here for an accurate idea of weather in Europe in March.