Please sign in to post.

Phone

Recently learned from Tmobile international service I was told was available IS NOT AVAILABLE. I have researched several plans and read blogs. Traveling to France, Italy, Belgium and Netherlands in 10 days. Will make only a few calls. Eurobuzz seems the most affordable with good customer service and ease of use. Checked callineurope and cellomobile. would rather not spend time after arrival to search out phone stores.Any suggestions and recent experience would be appreciated. Thanks, Janie

Posted by
4181 posts

This may not be helpful, but I understand that Verizon will rent phones to overseas travelers. Not being a customer, you might not be able to take advantage of that, but it might be worth a try, or maybe Tmobile might do the same thing, even if they don't provide the service for your regular account. My experience with Verizon has been that the first person I talk to rarely knows what's available, so that could be the case for Tmobile, too.

Posted by
32321 posts

Janie, Were you planning to use your T-Mobile phone with a EuroBuzz (or other) travel SIM? If so your phone will need to be a quad-band model and will have to be unlocked. If your phone is a Smartphone (ie: iPhone, Android), you'll have to be VERY careful with data, as the roaming charges can be HUGE! What do you expect to be using the phone for - short voice calls either in-country or back to the U.S., texts or web browsing and E-mail? As you're travelling in 10-days, you'll need to get this sorted quickly. You could also look at travel SIM's from Roam Simple, Cellular Abroad, Telestial, Mobal, One SIM or Max Roam (there are others). Using a travel SIM is probably the easiest and quickest solution. That will provide you with a working phone as soon as you step off the plane, and since many of the services use post-paid billing, there will be no worries about topping-up. If you're taking your home Cellphone, be sure to check the Charger to ensure it's designed for multi-voltage operation. You will of course need Plug Adaptors to connect the Charger (with the countries you're visiting, the Euro two-pin model will be the one to use). Happy travels!