Please sign in to post.

passport check

hi.i am from iran.i am going to travel from france to germany by car.but my Schengen visa have expired 20 days ago.is there any passport check in the way to germany?will i have any problem?

Posted by
893 posts

Depends on which route you take. We drove from France to Stuttgart, andn from Stuttgart on to see Neuschwanstein. The route took us briefly into Austria, and there was a roadblock/passport check as we entered into Austria.

Posted by
1026 posts

In accordance with Schengen rules you can in fact be checked at anytime and in any location not just at border crossings, it is entirely at the decression of the authorities. For instance I've seen them being carried out at Zurich train station and on the road side at Listal, both of which are well within the Swiss borders.

Posted by
23548 posts

Your bigger issue could be a problem when you leave assuming that you are planning to leave. One American reported a 500E fine for being one day over the 90 day Schengen visa that American's get. Another reported a big fine and a two year ban from returning for being about 20 days or so over. My understanding is that European authorities have been cracking down on visa violations. I would try to correct your situation as rapidly as possible. Good luck.