Please sign in to post.

Paris Museum Pass

As far as I can tell, the numbers don't work out for the Paris Museum Pass. Unless you spend all your time going to museums, paying the individual fees seems more economical. What is the advantage? Is it all about avoiding horrendous lines? Or am I missing something?
Thanks. --Bart

Posted by
10344 posts

If you're going in the summer, avoiding horrendous lines is part of the reason the Pass has plenty of takers.

Posted by
805 posts

Avoiding a two-hour line at the Louvre or Orsay alone makes it worth it IMHO.

Posted by
4555 posts

VIsiting as few as four of the Paris Museum Pass attractions in two days will more than pay for it....and avoiding the lines to boot. As you move up to the four and six day pass (if there are that many included sites you want to see) the value increases...as few as eight museums/attractions in six days.

Posted by
83 posts

We bypassed huge lines in the rain at the D'Orsay Museum, the Louve, and Versailles. There are many posts here about happy people that were able to pass the line. Just for that reason, I think it is personally worth it, especially if you don't have much time in Paris. Money-wise, it depends on what you want to do. If you only want to do one thing per day it may not pay for itself, but it's your decision. I say buy it.

Posted by
31 posts

I'm going at the end of May, and the only "big" museum I would use the pass for would be the Orsay (been to Paris may times before so skipping the Louvre this go), which I would go to first thing. Is it still worth it to bypass the line? Adding everything up that I want to do, the past would actually cost me 10 euros extra, and I am on a tight budget

Posted by
8700 posts

Sarah, If you get to the Musee d'Orsay about half an hour before it opens, there probably won't be much of a line.

Posted by
445 posts

For the person who only wants to go to the D'orsay: I always combine this with the Rodin Museum only a few blocks away. Besides all the Rodin sculpture (and a little goes a long way!), my favorite part is the gardens. After doing the D'Orsay, it is nice to sit in the gardens, rest and contemplate.(a lovely view of the gold dome of Invalides)
Lovely roses and a nice little cafe. Then after all that rest and fresh air, you can walk back to the D'Orsay and take in more!!! A good reason for a Museum pass is that you can go back for nothing!!
Rodin Museum is on the Pass and don't miss the wonderful house(both floors) as a good example of the archtecture of the period. I do this on every trip to Paris..regardless of the month...the last time in January.

Posted by
12040 posts

Wait till you see the lines queueing outside of the Louvre, Orsay, Centre Pompidou, etc. Then you will see why the Museum Pass makes so much sense.