Please sign in to post.

Paris in Dec. 2nd week (2010)

Hello Travelers,
We are planning a trip to Paris in Dec. 2nd week. Need suggestion for shoes, boots and winter wear. Help, Help!!

Posted by
283 posts

It will be cold. We are going in late December and I am planning to bring winter wear, sweaters, gloves, scarves, etc. I would assume that you will be walking a lot, and choose footwear wisely. It does snow, but you shouldn't need snow boots in Paris.

We were in Reims last October. I brought one heavy sweater, and ended up wearing it every day to stay warm. I bought several "pulls" more while I was there.

Posted by
108 posts

Paris is rather cold and very wet. The December temperatures usually average between 5 and 8 degrees Celsius. Make sure you have a good jacket and good shoes for the rain and in which you won't be cold. Although it may snow, it is not that usual especially early December, so you don't need anything for the snow. Just get ready for some cold and quite a bit of rain.

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you guys for your response.
Any preferred brand for shoes or to be more specific, if someone has used and found it comfortable, plz lemme know. I am not able to decide what to buy.
Thanks again.

Posted by
166 posts

Tom's wife here............Easy Spirit short ankle boots are padded and very comfortable. I have owned a pair especially for winter in Europe for several years now.

Posted by
2373 posts

We were there in December and again in February. Wore turtleneck and warm sweater over that way when we went to museums, etc, could shed the sweater and still feel comfortable with turtleneck. Some kind of weatherproof boots are a good idea. I think it was the dampness that bothered us most. Enjoy.