Please sign in to post.

Paris Hotels

Having trouble deciding on a hotel in Paris. Will be there in September. Is there any place under $200 a night, good room and good location.

Posted by
3551 posts

With your budget you should have no prob finding a nice hotel to stay in. Look in Rue Cler area, RS favorite neighborhood about 2 blocks from Eiffel Tower. Or for alot less but still nice Hotel L'hameau nr Trocadero.

Posted by
11507 posts

September is very busy high season for hotels,, still lots of tourists, but what drives up demand for hotel rooms is its a very busy trade show season... I would get alot less picky at this point, book a room with a decent cancellation policy( many do have them, I usually can find ones where you only need a few days notice and at most lose 5-10 euro booking fee) and then you can look for something else in meantime.
200 american dollars is not alot of euros,,, don't know off hand how many,, but lets just say you are going to find a good 2 star,, possibly a decent 3 star at best. That said, I have stayed in many decent 2 stars.. Rooms WILL be smaller then the average North American hotel room,,, even with a larger budget this would be true, so I would look for location and clean,, and frankly, at this point,, get cracking, September is very busy for hotels,, and many decent reasonably priced places are likely full by now. Try Hotel Eugenie, great location, smaller room, but clean and decent sized bathroom, I prefer the ones with shower only, not tub and shower as the shower in tubs often don't have curtains and are hand held( this is not uncommon in Paris).

Posted by
1068 posts

Another vote, with JR, for l'Hotel Hameau. Clean, quiet, on a cute little courtyard off the VERY "locals only flavored" rue de Passy. Five minute walk from the Eiffel Tower. Nice staff. Reasonable rates. We always stay here. http://www.hameaudepassy.com/ Yes, the bedspreads are weird. But when we were there last, in December, it looked like all the bathrooms were being remodeled and upgraded, and we got our usual comfy, spic-n-span room for the right price.

Posted by
32213 posts

Sharon, You might have a look at Grand Hotel Leveque, which is in the Rue Cler neighborhood. The rates should be within the budget range you mentioned. It's difficult to say whether the rooms are "good" as I don't know what criteria you have in mind. It's definitely in a good location, as it's within walking distance to the Eiffel Tower, has some nice restaurants a short distance from the front door, and easy transportation access via the Ecole Militaire Metro stop. I've stayed there in the past, and would have no hesitation in staying there on future visits. If you can increase your budget, you could also have a look at Hotel Duquesne Eiffel or Hotel Muguet, also in the same general area. For travel in September, I'd suggest getting something booked soon! Happy travels!

Posted by
15591 posts

try using tripadvisor.com You can areas, limit prices, and get a good idea of availability. There are also reviews, mostly from actual guests, some more reliable than others.

Posted by
299 posts

I am also going to Paris in September and last week was having lots of trouble finding a hotel reasonably priced (for me, that's a double for under $125/night). I was ready to take a room in a hotel described by some on Trip Advisor as mildewy and moldy - one person even reported being robbed at night! (And it wasn't cheap either.) A friend finally recommended Airbnb and I found a terrific apartment, believe it or not, on the Ile St. Louis (one of my favorite places in Paris) - a little over $1,000 for 7 nights and a little balcony too. I did find a double room at Hotel Jean Bart, near the Luxembourg Gardens - and maybe you'll have better luck since you're willing to spend more per night. I do recommend Airbnb.com though. Good luck!

Posted by
8683 posts

My favorite spot, Hotel Muguet. 7th Arrondissement, i.e. the Rue Cler neighborhood. Tripadvisor reviews are stellar. Discovered it years ago. Always return. Love the locale, price, comfort and quiet. Has an elevator, tiny and only goes to the 5th floor. Walk up to the 6th. Has AC, cable and free Wifi. Skip the breakfast they offer.

Posted by
2788 posts

I assume you have tried the recommendations found in RS Paris Guide Book.

Posted by
1010 posts

We have stayed at the Hotel Le Littre in the 6th Arron. twice in the past two years. Last year we had a special room that had a balcony with a perfect view of the Eiffel. The hotwl is located close to the Metro and it is conveniently located. Elaine

Posted by
8700 posts

Check the listings and reviews at eurocheapo.com.

Posted by
120 posts

I can highly recommend Hotel Beaugency at 21 Rue Duvivier. It is a short block off of Rue Cler. I found this to be a very clean, safe place to stay. I was traveling by myself and never felt ill at ease. Breakfast is provided for a small price. The desk is manned 24 hours a day with people who speak English and are happy to help you with sightseeing information and making reservations. The Rue Cler neighborhood was very relaxing to start and end the day. It is very close to a lot of the sights I wanted to see and it is a very short walk (a couple of blocks) to a metro station to take you anywhere else you want to do. The price was really reasonable for such a nice hotel.
hotel-beaugency.com

Posted by
7209 posts

use www.yeego.com or www.alpharooms.com and you'll get much better prices and usually breakfast is included. I've used these sites several times and everything worked out just fine. Of course the smaller mom and pop places won't be listed on these sites, but you might be surprised what you find. Rue Cler is a fine area if you want to pay top dollar and talk to all of the OTHER American Tourists in Paris who read Rick's books. This last time in Paris we chose a different area in which to stay just to be different. We ended up in the Latin Quarter at the Agora Saint Germain. It was a great place just a few steps to Notre Dame. I booked it via Yeego for about 1/2 the price of booking directly with the hotel. Breakfast was also included in my rate, but if you book direct with this hotel it's an extra 10 Euro or so per person per day.

Posted by
122 posts

I'm with Brenda. We liked the Hotel Beaugency but did not like the Hotel Leveque.

Posted by
255 posts

We have stayed at this hotel three times and love it. It is centrally located, easy walk to Notre Dame and the Louvre, great breakfast(extra) and half-way between the Pompidou Centre and the Bastille Opera. http://www.le-sevigne.com/

Posted by
2 posts

Sharon, with your budget you can go to the Aida Opera Hotel near the Opera, Galeries Lafayettes. There are single, double, twin or quad rooms.
You can book @ www.aida-opera.com

Posted by
10230 posts

@Levana - Presumably Sharon has already taken her trip since she asked her question 10 months ago and said she was traveling last September.