Please sign in to post.

paris

has anyone toured with viator and if so do you recommend touring with them

Posted by
524 posts

Hi! Viator is a company that books multiple companies that provide activities. Grey Hound, Hop On Hop Off, O Chateau Wine Tastings, etc. So they do not operate any of these activities themselves. But they provide one place to book them. Does this make sense? My friends have used them and all was well. Good luck!

Posted by
11507 posts

As bobbie said, they are not a tour company at all , but a middleman agency that books you onto other peoples tours. Its a good idea to price tours out yourself and see if Viatour is offering a deal, sometimes they bulk buy and od, but most often you are paying more..
Suggest you post what kind of tours you are looking for and people can suggest which company they used and you can check out prices and compare and decide which ones to book yourselves. I generally much prefer to book directly with the company . For big bus type tours, Cityrama and Parisvisions are the two main well known and reputable companies, each have good websites in english you can look at .

Posted by
1825 posts

I had a very successful tour with ParisVision last year. It was their small van visit to Fontainbleau, Barbizon and Vaux le Vicomte. I highly recommend it as the guide and the luncheon were great. I also took a viator tour this year in Amsterdam to the Keukenhoff Gardens and enjoyed that 'big bus' tour also. They basically were just the transportation to and from the gardens.