Please sign in to post.

Paris

can anyone recommend lodgings in Paris that are reasonable decent and near the Louvre?

Posted by
403 posts

You will have to define "reasonable" and "decent". Paris not only has a magnificent Metro system which puts the entire city within a few minutes of the Louvre, it is compact enough that a huge number of hotels are within a 15 minute walk of the Louvre. Or are you looking for a hotel virtually adjacent to the Louvre? If you can be more specific we can be more helpful.One immediate suggestion is to buy RS' Paris 2011 book right away, as you will find it immensely helpful in planning.

Posted by
9 posts

thank you, reasonable would be $200 a night or less and we are looking into homeaway.com

Posted by
358 posts

Check with hotels.com as they can give you a wide range of hotels throughout Paris. I found some good deals on hotels under 200 dollars the last two times I stayed in Paris. For june 2010 found a good deal staying at the Le Meridien Etiole for under 200$ and the Air France bus stops across the street from the hotel. You pay in advance with hotels.com which I prefer and not have to worry if my credit card does not work.

Posted by
403 posts

You might google the Hotel Castex, in the Marais district. The staff is very pleasant, the hotel lovely, and the location central. It would be under $200 a night, and they often run specials if you email them about rates/availability.

Posted by
1068 posts

You might try posting this on "To the West." You will probably get more replies. :o) For what it is worth, I always stay at l'Hotel Hameau, 48 rue de Passy: http://www.paris-hotel-hameaudepassy.com/ It's in walking distance of the Eiffel Tower, and you can catch a #72 bus at Pont d'Iena that will whisk you to the Louvre in 10 minutes. The neighborhood is VERY untouristy, and the hotel is inexpensive, super clean, and boasts a very friendly staff.

Posted by
144 posts

i just booked a place near the old republic and it is right next to the metro which runs directly to the louvre. you can be there in 5 or 10 mins which will be quicker than walking and faster than a cab. mary's hotel http://marys-paris-hotel.com/

Posted by
144 posts

i just booked a place near the old republic and it is right next to the metro which runs directly to the louvre. you can be there in 5 or 10 mins which will be quicker than walking and faster than a cab. mary's hotel http://marys-paris-hotel.com/

Posted by
11507 posts

I have stayed at the Hotel Place du la Louvre twice. It is very nice and if you book ahead you can get a decent rate. I have stayed in two different types of rooms, I personally did not like the two level room( noted as duplex) as the bathroom was on the upper level up steep stairs, I liked the regular room alot though. Big walk in shower( as luxury in Paris where small booths or over the tubs are the norm) rooms are reasonalbe size( often rooms in Paris are much smaller then we are used to, these are still small, but better then about 5 other places I have stayed in price range).
Location is prime, small quiet street, right across from back side of Louvre, close to river , metro and cafes.

Posted by
907 posts

This may not be reasonable but it is terrific. Renaissance Vendome (Marriott). Right across Rue de Rivoli from the Louvre.