Please sign in to post.

Paris

We are finishing our Europe trip in Paris where we will be getting into Paris the 8th leaving from Murren and staying until the 11th, so only two full days. We want to stay somewhere nice, we like good restaurants, night life, but we are 50ish, and we will probably see the lourve and nortre dame maybe more, but we like to relax and just take in the city. Suggestions?

Posted by
1068 posts

Wow - Paris for the first time? You are in for a treat! In two days, I think you are right to mostly relax and take in the city - especially at the end of a trip. I'd go to Notre Dame one morning, then the Louvre - or maybe the Musee d'Orsay - and then plan to stroll, window shop, eat, hang out in a cafe and sip coffee or wine and do come serious people watching. (Another great place to do that is the Tuilleries.) Because it's Paris and Galleries Lafayette is there, if you like shopping, check it out. We always stay at l'Hotel Hameau, 48 rue de Passy, because it is well-priced, clean, quiet (off-street on a small courtyard) in a fabulous part of the 16th arrondissment that isn't touristy, boasts tons of shops in the area plus lots of local flavor, and is about an 11-minute walk from the Eiffel Tower! And from the #72 bus, which takes you past the Place de La Concorde, Tuilleries and the Louvre to l'Hotel de Ville and rue de Rivoli. Much sight-seeing can be done right from the bus window! Man, you are going to have an AWESOME time!

Posted by
251 posts

I like to reccommend the Villa Beaumarchais just off the Blvd Beaumachais in the Marais. You'd be within walking distance of Notre Dame, and close to the Place De Bastille. We stayed there in 2010. Loved it. They have a fantastic breakfast buffet, it is extra, but worth it.
Hope you have a great time.

Posted by
9422 posts

Don't know what your budget is for hotel but our favorite hotel is Hotel de Lutece on Ile Saint Louis (little island next to Notre Dame), our favorite neighborhood in Paris.