Please sign in to post.

Page-a-Day Calendar 2020

I've been meaning to post about this and am just slightly late to the game. I always love having a Page-a-Day Calendar on my desk. The Rick Steves one that I got this year is a delight! Every day has a beautiful photo of a page with a short write-up.

Posted by
183 posts

Pat, I hope that you like it. Some of the amazon reviews complain how the pages falling apart/the perforation being weak or whatever. All Page-a-Day Calendars are that way. This is not unique to this one. Mine has never actually fallen apart. Obviously, you have to treat it with a slight care. Yes, it has to stay on its back, like a book. It's meant to sit on a desk. It's not meant to be propped upright. Like everything, if handled roughly, it will fall apart. Again, I've been getting Page-a-Day Calendars for several years. None of mine have fallen apart. Again, love mine and hope that you do also. It's nice to see pictures of places that we hope to visit someday and others that are nostalgic and bring back memories.

Posted by
2467 posts

I bought 3, 1 for me and 1 each for my brother and sister! All of us love them. I plan to save the days with the prettiest pictures. Could be a big stack.

Posted by
7025 posts

I also hadn't seen them yet and just ordered one. Thanks for the heads up.

Posted by
7245 posts

Thanks for the post! I didn’t know that they have these calendars, and Amazon has them for half price now. Just ordered one. : )

Posted by
6487 posts

Can you write down appointments on them, or are they just for looking at?

Posted by
13905 posts

My sweet nephew got me one this year! What a treat!

...and yes, I cheated and looked ahead to see how many places I'd been, hahahaha!!

Posted by
3517 posts

Was not aware they were available until I saw this topic today -- so I went and ordered both the desktop page a day and the wall hanging picture a day. Both are on sale at Amazon and where I live qualified for same day delivery.

I find the desk page a day calendar to be similar to most others out there. Full color and showing nice pictures of all the places the RS tours go. Each day will have tips for eating sleeping and traveling through whichever country the picture on the page is for. No issue with construction I can see so far, as solid as any other page a day calendar.

The wall calendar is a bit larger than most I have seen. Each month has all of the days spread over two pages with a picture for the individual days. Layout will take a bit getting used to for me. But nicely done overall.

Posted by
183 posts

Mark, I was undecided about the wall calendar. If they come out with one next year, I may get that one also.

Posted by
681 posts

WOW. Didn't know anything about this and now I have to check it out. Thanks for the information.

Posted by
13905 posts

I loved yesterday's picture! I believe it is the signpost at the start of the trails at Mannlichen, Switzerland. And yes, it takes me much longer than 40 minutes to walk to Kleine Scheidegg from there.

Posted by
183 posts

Pam, yesterday's picture was lovely. I've never been and I'm quite sure that if I were to go, it would take me much longer. I love waking up, heading for my desk, and a new page being one of the first things that I look at. It's such an enjoyable start to the day.

Posted by
484 posts

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered 4.
A couple for friends who keep saying they want to return to Europe so I hope the calendar will inspire them to just do it. And one for my manager who has only just discovered RS shows!

Posted by
3940 posts

I got the wall calendar this year - I usually get a Italy or France one, but saw the RS one - I actually work over Xmas at a calendar/toy store (closed now until November) - why didn't I look for a page a day one??! Ah well - I'll look for one for 2021.

Posted by
1543 posts

I've got the wall calendar, its really beautiful. I'm not so much a "page-a-day" type.

For work, I always order the France calendar through France magazine that I subscribe to. It displays the weeks Monday through Sunday, which is how my workplace is organized.

Posted by
3940 posts

Bookaholic - thanks! We seem to be pretty popular for the few months we are open ;)

Posted by
2261 posts

My dear wife gave me one-we're going to keep the pages that interest us most and rank them as we go. Then, we'll go!