Please sign in to post.

opera

I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get tickets to the opera in paris!! I have tried on line but they all say sold out. is there something I am doing wrong or should I wait till I get to paris and try last min?

Posted by
3313 posts

It's quite likely an opera's schedule is sold out by subscription. But there may be standing room tickets available when you get there. Keep nosing around the web for other suggestions, though. Have you posted your question on Fodors?

Posted by
506 posts

Lou -

I am not sure where you were attempting to purchase. I just made a purchase this morning for April without a problem.

http://www.operadeparis.fr/

There is an option in Reserve for English - click the British flag -
Friday and Saturday tend to sell out quickly.

Posted by
712 posts

You could also email the hotel you will be staying at to see if they can get tickets ahead for you. In Venice in Sept they told me the opera was sold out, but when I went to take a tour of their opera house, I found out they had tickets available later the afternoon. Sometimes people cannot go and I guess return or exhange tickets. In Toronto 2 falls ago my husband paid extra to get a ticket for himself to see part of the ring cycle. That performance was also suppose to be sold out.