Please sign in to post.

One week in April 2012

Now that we got a taste of Europe with our recent visit to London,Paris,Switzerland we want to go again to Europe in late April. We can go only for one week (springbreak).
I am inclined toward Spain.. especially the Andalucian region.. I figured the weather will be warm there. Any other suggestions? We can tolerate 1 or 2 days of Museums, love palaces, love rural, quaint villages...as well as cities like London,Paris.. Thanks

Posted by
591 posts

April is the best month to go to the Netherlands when the tulips are in full bloom......Keukenhof Gardens is an amazing place to see. Amsterdam, Delft and The Hague all have a lot to offer. You could also make the short trip down to the pretty city of Brugge in Belgium.

Posted by
1825 posts

My next trip will probably include a week in Rome. You mentioned Spring break so I assume you are young. Book an apartment in Trastevere. Take the RS guide for sites and restaurants.

Posted by
818 posts

Portugal. We had a great trip a few spring breaks ago. Belgium and the Netherlands is another good idea.

Posted by
513 posts

Savilla - Seville - celebrates it's two major festivals in April. If you are interested in partying (after the 1 or 2 days of museums) you couldn't pick a better spot than this Andalucian city!

Posted by
16335 posts

We were in Spain this past April/May and it was a wonderful time to be there. Our whole trip was 2 weeks but half of it was in Andalucia (Sevilla, Granada, Cordoba). The weather was perfect. Our time in Sevilla coincided with the Feria. That and the Alhambra were the highlights of our trip. The food is terrific, the people gracious, and the train system the best we have encountered ( and that includes lots of travel in Switzerland).