Please sign in to post.

Oberammergau 2010 and Danube

Going to passion play July 27, 2010 and then Danube cruise seeing Vienna, Slovakia, Hungary, Budapest, Melk. What is weather like? Has anyone cruised on the M.S. Amadeus Royal?

Posted by
2779 posts

You're asking for a weather forecast for July 2010? You might want to check with a Nostradamus website rather then Rick Steves... Usually sunny, hot, but more humid than SoCa...

Posted by
1893 posts

Kathy, You can go to weatherchannel.com and look up Vienna on the world map. That will give you some idea of the typical weather for July from this year and will help you in planning for next year. Of course, no one can predict if Europe will have a warmer or colder than "normal" July, but this is a great way to help you see what to expect. You can do this for each area of interest.

This site will show highs and lows, the rain, etc. I find this very handy when I start to plan for "off months" of travel.

Mostly in July you can expect fairly warm temps, like SoCal, unless you travel pretty far north in Europe, then it will be more like NoCal!

Just plan for some rain (take a jacket) and you should be fine!

Cant' speak to the cruise, but sounds like fun!

Posted by
39 posts

Kathy: The year we went to the Passion Play it was cold and rainy! We stayed in a B&B and slept, gratefully, under down comforters. At the play, luckily our seats were under cover, but we were thankful that we had sweaters and jackets!
Weather is tricky...even with a long range forecast. I would advise packing a warm sweater and windbreaker at the least. Just in case!!