Please sign in to post.

Norwegian Air Premium Economy

Hi All,

Has anyone flown a long haul (such as L.A. to Gatwick or similar) in Norwegian Air's Premium Economy seating? How does it compare to Air France and British Air's offerings; comfort, recline of seat back, padding in seats, foot rest length, food, etc? Thanks!

Posted by
3391 posts

I just flew LAX to Oslo then Oslo to Prague in Noweigian's Premium Economy. It's a little tight but not too bad compared to others I've flown. I'm only 5'6" though. My 6'3" tall son was not terribly comfortable - I always get him an aisle seat so he can stick his legs out and it was a good thing I did this time.
Seats were fine as far as comfort goes but the food was some of the worst I've ever had on an airline.
I prefer British Airways but because the airfare on Norweigian was so much less I tried it. I will probably use them again because their price is so competitive but otherwise I would stick to BA.
Haven't flown Air France so can't compare.

Posted by
2815 posts

www.seatguru.com provides seat maps for every aircraft flown by every airline. Can directly compare seat dimensions, cabin layouts, etc. between airlines before you make your choice.

Posted by
361 posts

Thanks for the replies, I am still at a crossroad. The link to the article provided by brushtim states Norwegian Premium Economy is wonderful but Anita's comments (and she actually flew them with her son) state that it was not so great. Maybe it depends on a person's standards? So I'm "still searchin' every which a way........" Any more info would be greatly appreciated. Hope everyone has fun and safe travels. Grazie!

Posted by
23245 posts

We have flown economy plus, premium economy on a number of airlines and always found it be a better arrangement. No experience with Norwegian but any wondering from Anita's comments if she was truly in the premium economy or just regular economy. If it is a little tight in premium what is it like in standard economy?

Posted by
4385 posts

if you use the google, I'm sure you will find tons of info on NA. They've made quite an impression with their fares, not so much with their policies.

Posted by
8125 posts

When it comes to food and drink, Norwegian Air Shuttle is truly a budget operation. They're at least flying brand new Boeing 787's on their longer flights.

We're flying to Copenhagen in a month on Norwegian, and we'll be picnicking with our own food and drink.

Posted by
3391 posts

It was premium economy! I was OK but my very tall son was not...it's just a discount airline which he way you cut it. :)