Please sign in to post.

Non-Test Open Countries

When COVID was in full swing I had a post up where we tried to track the entry requirement for various European countries.

A number of countries are now opening without PCR test or cumbersome QR Code entry requirements. There are some websites where you can search countries you are interested in and see the requirements by country. Even then, please be sure to go to the official sites as so many of these websites have been less than perfect in the past (including this list).

There are two ways to plan now. You can either decide where you want to go and then go find the requirements or for some of us, we look for what is easy and then plan around that.

So for grins, if nothing else; as those that are traveling and researching run across countries without entry test requirements or QR Code application requirements, if you would, add a post below. Much appreciated.

If nothing else maybe it makes for a nice visual representation of the overall process of change in Europe.

So far from my planning for my trip in a few weeks and the posts below we have:

Hungary
No test, no QR, no CDC Card

Romania

Moldova
CDC Card

Ireland

Norway

Iceland

Slovenia

Spain
No test, yes QR code, yes CDC card
QR code and card check required at DFW check in
QR code checked upon arrival with passport, and 3 more times at the Madrid airport during transit to Barcelona. Then it disappears and no more worries except masks inside.

Further afield

Ecuador
CDC Card

Mexico
Nothing

Posted by
570 posts

Here's no test even for unvaccinated,
Hungary, Romania, Ireland, Norway, Iceland, Slovenia. And if you are coming from elsewhere in Europe, apparently Switzerland. The no test for unvaccinated threshold probably indicates that things are really loose covid wise once one is in the country.

Posted by
497 posts

James I followed this thread when you had it going last year and it was so helpful.

Posted by
17909 posts

cchapin100; Thank you. I know there are some websites for this, but this is our community and its also interesting to watch the list grow; and for me at least useful to see a list when thinking about where to go next. I see two good 3 or 4 country trips already.

Posted by
7662 posts

James,
Many thanks, again you post another very informative post.

I will add
Ecuador entrance requires either a fully vaccinated person (only first 2-no booster) OR a COVID-19 test.

Posted by
3996 posts

I’m taking my first European trip in October since the pandemic began. I am hoping that this 24 hour rule of having a negative Covid test prior to returning to the US is either eliminated or returned to the 3 day negative Covid test requirement.

Posted by
7662 posts

I wonder if hotel rooms will be hard to find in countries like Hungary, Poland, Moldova, Bulgaria, Slovenia or Romania due to all the Ukrainian refugees?

Posted by
17909 posts

Continental, since they have extended the mask requirements, I doubt they will drop or change the test requirements. Just my guess.

geovagriffith, maybe so. Especially AirBnb's as they have a program to help.. Haven't heard the hotel industry doing the same yet. And I did see photos of Keleti station in Budapest. Its a full of arriving refugees. I would think twice about trains in the border questions, but there are plenty of other options.

Posted by
3996 posts

The extension is for one month for now. I guess we all will be waiting with bated breath to see what they do in the middle of April.

Posted by
4076 posts

Spain
No test, yes QR code, yes CDC card
QR code and card check required at DFW check in
QR code checked upon arrival with passport, and 3 more times at the Madrid airport during transit to Barcelona. Then it disappears and no more worries except masks inside.

Posted by
570 posts

England is joining the no restrictions club as of Friday. 1st heavyweight European destination to so.