Please sign in to post.

Nice, France vs Andalucia, Spain over Christmas 2014

Our daughter and son in law live in London and we are flying over in December to spend Christmas with them. However, we would all like a warmer location and hope to meet them somewhere in southern Europe. Any opinions regarding spending a week in Nice vs Andalucia? I read the winter weather in Malaga is better than other parts of the Andalucia. We are welcome to all suggestions and opinions. We very much enjoy museums, cathedrals and other sights, combined with neighborhood restaurants and bars. We will most likely use public transportation, but a car rental is certainly possible and we plan on an apt rental. We have stayed briefly in Nice so we know we like the city and have only done a day trip to Monaco while there.
I haven't been to Spain since 1976 and we were only in Madrid and Barcelona at the time. Thanks for your help!

Posted by
1529 posts

Do a web search on christmas festivals offered in each region to add perspective to available opportunities. Andalucia should be warmer, but keep your toes out of the Med!

Posted by
17 posts

Andalucía is beautiful! Spanish celebrations are always big,unique and so much fun! Malaga is nice, but I recommend Granada! So much history and very close to the beach as well as the mountains. Everything is in walking distance and one of the only cities in Spain with free tapas everywhere!! --(you could probably do both cities as they are only a couple hours away from each other)