Please sign in to post.

Neuschwanstein in early April 2008

i know you can reserve tickets early online for the two castles, my question is do you think this is necessary in early april? second question, what is the earliest admission time we should reserve (if we do) if we arrive at hohenschwangau at approximately 1215 on a Monday? Thanks in advance for the help.

Posted by
12040 posts

I can answer those questions. I visited in the latter half of April. Although there was a bit of a line, I got tickets shortly after I arrived at about 11:30. I had to wait about 40 minutes afterwards for my tour of Hohenschwangau, and probably an hour for Neuschwanstein.

Posted by
1717 posts

I would reserve tickets for Neuschwanstein, before leaving the U.S.A. The day you arrive there, there could be big tour groups from Japan, and Australia, and Brazil, and ... Those groups reserve tickets in advance. At Neuschwanstein they like to have 20 people in each tour group in the castle. But I think being in a group with a guide talking in English is not important in Neuschwanstein. When I was there my guide was a German woman talking in Enlgish, but her German accent was so strong I could not understand what she was saying.

Posted by
19092 posts

I think the earliest admission time might be 9:00, so that won't be an issue. If you make reservation online, the Castle Administration recommends that you pick them up at least an hour earlier than the reservation. If you are arriving by bus at Hohenschwangau at 12:15. you will be only a short walk (5 min) from the ticket kiosk. You shouldn't expect to make reservations before about 13:20-13:25.

Posted by
12172 posts

If you have to arrive late, it's probably best to get reservations. If you can arrive first thing, you'll beat the crowds and won't have to worry about reservations or big crowds (that will arrive later that morning). I prefer the latter but you might not have an option.