Please sign in to post.

Mother Daughter Trip

My daughter suggested taking a mother daughter trip to Europe. We are planning on going the summer of 2025 after she finishes her grad school program. We are in the pre planning stage. We have traveled in Italy, so we are looking into going other places. My thought is to start in London and take the eurotrain around to the different countries. Looking for suggestions for must do places and/or activities. My daughter will be 25 and I will be 55. Thanks

Posted by
115 posts

My mother and I did Istanbul together. I was 29, she was 57. We both loved it.

Posted by
776 posts

Eurostar from London to Paris is super easy with many departures.

What are your interests?? What is your daughter's field??

If you enjoy fashion at all, Paris could be a great mother/daughter time! (I have sons so have done the following solo. Sigh)

There is a reasonably new, a year or so, museum - La Galerie Dior. 3 stories, you see fashions, Dior's office mock-up, atelier, etc. Very expensive cafe, but I enjoyed tea. Purchase tickets in advance although maybe it is less popular than last fall when I visited. Central location, 1.5 hour or so to maybe 2 hours to visit if you have tea. https://www.galeriedior.com/en/about

Another idea, Fragonard Musée du Parfum. This is a free museum exhibit within the Fragonard shop. However, the fun thing is to register for one of their perfume making workshops - English language. Not terribly expensive. You have a guided tour of the exhibits and mix you own perfume learning about perfume making in the process. Very central near Opera. https://musee-parfum-paris.fragonard.com/en/

Another idea - there are often exhibits of fashion in various venues. I have seen Chanel collections, Schiaparelli, and others through the years. Different venues including Musee des Arts Decoratifs and Le Palais Galliera. Exhibits are museum style, not live shows. It's too early to know what might be around during your time, but if interested check websites like Time Out or google fashion exhibitions.

I don't know if you are at all interested in fashion. I'm not a fashionista by any stretch of the imagination, but I have enjoyed these displays through the years. I really just had to mention it as my male offspring would not be at all likely to visit with me and I wanted to share the thoughts!!! Obviously, Paris has many, many, many more sites of that might be of greater interest!