Please sign in to post.

Moscow Travel Meeting

You don't need a visa for this Moscow, so if you like to talk travel, (which explains why you're on the Rick Steve site) and live anywhere near Moscow, Idaho, join us on Saturday, March 15 at 10:30am in the back room of One World Cafe, 533 South Main Street, Moscow. We love to talk about past trips, future trips and have all sorts of hints and suggestions for ways to make your trip run smoothly--but still enjoy the challenges!

I wouldn't put stock in it, but the weather forecast for a week out says a high of 58, 20% chance of precip so looks pretty nice! Of course it's Idaho so this will probably change 40 times in the next week.

Posted by
4412 posts

Let's hope none of your attendees vote for succession :-( and don't go trying to annex any other travel groups.

Have fun; fingers crossed for good weather!

Posted by
14549 posts

Eileen, you are welcome to join us! As a matter of fact there has always been talk of the Inland Northwest seceding from Washington and Idaho. There are more commonalities between Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho than between each area and where it's capital is located. However, we will not, at this time, try to take over any Panera-based groups, lol!

Posted by
10544 posts

Pam, I hope the fact that you posted this meeting announcement doesn't mean something terrible has happened to Darcy!

Did she tell you that we plan to meet up in Paris?

Posted by
2092 posts

Thanks for being concerned, Andrea but I'm fine and my head's above water, just barely. Just working on the Winefest which is next weekend. Almost finished with my main responsibility.....other than pouring wine one night! (wish you all could be here!)

Posted by
14549 posts

Andrea, I'm so looking forward to meeting you all...if Darcy's not sick of me by then, lol!

Posted by
2092 posts

@ Pam, Me sick of you? Never! I just worry that you'll me sick of me! But if you get tired of me, we'll just go have another glass of wine and all will be fine.

Posted by
4412 posts

Pam, there's currently a proposal to split California into 6 states (shaking head).

"However, we will not, at this time, try to take over any Panera-based groups, lol!"

Yeah, that's what Putin said about Crimea...

"I'm fine and my head's above water, just barely. Just working on the Winefest which is next weekend."

Ummmm, yeah, Darcy...maybe a little less 'working on the Winefest' ;-)

Posted by
14549 posts

Darcy, you have only had me in 4 to 5 hour doses so far....

Eileen, interesting about CA. And yes, I laughed at your Crimea comment. We are waaay more laid back here in the Inland NW.

Posted by
4412 posts

All the same...I'm going to be on the lookout for any non-insignia, camo-wearing peeps hanging around our Panera.

Posted by
2092 posts

Yep, working on the Winefest still. We thought Doug might be able to get to the Travel meeting but he's been pulled in to the wine auction for Saturday night.

Posted by
14549 posts

Eileen, if we come to take over, I can assure you none of us will be in camo. We will be toting our light luggage and will be armed with ETBD as it is pretty heavy!

Darcy, say it aint so! Does he have to study up during the day cuz I can assure you we can have him home by 1PM, lol.

Posted by
2092 posts

No, Pam, he doesn't need to study as he's well-versed in wine pouring, no need to study that. I'll help with the wine drinking if necessary. What I do need him for though is to help move wine barrels and arrange the Warrior Room.

Posted by
4412 posts

Pam, don't even bother trying to invade if you're not wearing your moneybelts. And don't be silly - the Kindle edition of ETBD is still available for $1.99; no need for a heavy paper copy!