Please sign in to post.

Luxembourg??

I am starting to think this country is a figment of my imagination. Rick Steve's has no books on it, it is not listed on the Travel Forum as a choice...I know it is small but come on......

My wife and I will be in Luxembourg in mid-September for two nights. We will be driving up from the Black Forest region of Germany. I am getting bleary eyed trying to find a good, clean, safe, and friendly hotel in or real close to Luxembourg City historic center. No more than a 10 minute walk to the center. I will need parking as well. Can anybody help me?

Posted by
8794 posts

I will be there in less than 2 weeks! We are booked at the Radison Park Inn, partly due to its proximity to the train station. I'll let you know how that goes and take a look around to see if I can find some good suggestions for you.

There is a Luxembourg forum on trip advisor travel forums. You could look there.

Posted by
3398 posts

I believe that Rick has a book or a section of a book about "Benelux"...Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg. I remember him talking about it on one of his TV shows too. Those are the only references to Luxembourg I can recall in any of his materials.

Posted by
1840 posts

My wife and I used the Rough Guide Belgium and Luxembourg. Steves guidebooks aren't the only ones you can use.

Posted by
1976 posts

You can also go to TripAdvisor.com, find the Luxembourg forum, and ask your hotel question on there.

Posted by
33452 posts

When I visit areas which aren't covered in the Blue Books of RS, I usually look in the Green Books of Michelin Guides, and in the Lonely Planet guides... both cover many many areas not covered by RS, or covered far too superficially like Germany.

Mr Steves hasn't mentioned Luxembourg since the first VHS video series and not in a book since the first Netherlands, Belgium and some other country, decades ago.

It is a real shame, especially since so many people going on GAS tours fly into Luxembourg on their way to Trier.

The green book does a good job, a very good job; but because they are not RS they don't give opinions, just list each town and what to see and do there.