Please sign in to post.

Luxembourg

Do any of your tour-books cover Luxembourg, especially related to lodging recommendations for travelers with a car?

Posted by
1432 posts

None of the Rick Steves books cover Luxembourg, however this is a Lonely Planet Belguim and Luxembourg book.

Posted by
32738 posts

Nope - there is a big ol’ hole where Luxembourg should be.

Not our book though - that would be Rick Steves and his gang. We are simply an anarchic gang of knowledgeable fellow travelers who like to help out and camp out here with his encouragement.

Depending on what you’re doing of course....... when I drive to or through Luxembourg a couple of times a year I like to stay either at the Doubletree near the Chinese Embassy or the Mercure on the golf course. If you are driving through you may like to know the price of auto fuel is set centrally and will be the same in towns or on the motorways and will be the cheapest In Europe.

Posted by
7661 posts

Luxembourg is a small country, but still 99 square miles.

My favorite city there is Viaden, on the German border.

Lux city is great. Also, go the the graveyard where General Patton is buried.
Trier, Germany is close, and worth a visit.

Posted by
1971 posts

Michelin Green Guides are for travelers with a car. The Belgian guide covers also Luxembourg.

Posted by
3244 posts

I like to plan trips with the RS guides for practical logistical information and details on the most popular tourist attractions; and I use the Lonely Planet guides for information on the less popular attractions. The RS guides leave out too much to rely solely on them.

Posted by
14980 posts

If you want a hotel recommendation try the Hotel Simoncini. It's centrally located and walking distance to most sites in old town. They also serve a nice breakfast.