Please sign in to post.

London to Paris

Is it possible to make a day trip from London to Paris? My plan is to stay in the UK for 12 days maybe 14. While I would appreciate all that England has to offer, I hoped to maybe squeeze in a day in Paris if possible.

Posted by
20143 posts

mmm. 2 1/2 hours to Paris (plus minimum 1/2 hour check-in time) same returning. Hardly enough to get you the Paris vibe.

Posted by
2081 posts

Stacey,

Yes you can. Many people do it and the opposite.

but as has been said, not alot of time to see what Paris has to offer.

If you want to wing it, you can do it. If you want to see specific things, i would do some planning.

happy trails.

Posted by
11507 posts

Stacey of course you can.. its not that hard.. its 2.5 hours from city center to city center. Get early train out in the morning and come back late as you can ..

Sure you won't see all that Paris has to offer.. but neither do those folks who visit for 3 days either.. does that mean that what you can see won't matter? It may wet your whistle to go back and spend more time..

You can pick your top two or three wish lists of sights to see and fit them into a workable itinerary. Come back on and post what you think you would like to see and folks can help yo u map out a plan for metro .

Posted by
11507 posts

Stacey.. also if you plan to do this do book your Eurostar ticket as far in advance as you can.. I think they release them 120 days in advance.. that is how to get the best prices.. last minute tickets can be double or triple the price. Also.. many museums close either monday or tuesday so if you have a museum on your wish list check which day it is closed.

Posted by
8293 posts

Agree with Pat. You can certainly have a decent one day visit if you take a really early train to Paris and a late one back to London. Be aware that France is an hour ahead of Britain so you lose an hour but you get it back when you return to London, so you can take a really late train back. Plan your day well so you can see want you want to see. At St.Pancras station in London you can buy tickets for the Paris metro & buses. Bus NO. 42, which you can get behind Gare du Nord, will take you to Champs de Mars for the Tour Eiffel, so that would get you started on the right "pied".

Posted by
1221 posts

If you haven't booked flights yet, it might work out best to do an open jaw ticket flying into London and out of Paris. There's frequently not a huge cost difference between a London round trip and the open jaw. Then take the train from London to Paris for the last two days so you don't feel like you're trying to do too much there in a fairly short period of time.