Please sign in to post.

london & paris

Do you ever have a trip that includes London & Paris together, not separately?

Posted by
10544 posts

Who are you asking jerry? Rick doesn't read the helpline as far as anyone knows. Anyone can take a trip that includes whatever they want. If you're looking at taking one of the RS tours you can go to the Tours section and see what is offered. If there isn't a tour that includes both and you MUST go on a tour, I'm sure you can find another company that would work for you.

Posted by
33457 posts

There are several people on here who have recently described trips that they have taken, or are planning to take soon, which include both London and Paris. With really easy (and reasonably inexpensive if you plan and buy your tickets early enough) and frequent fast services by train between the centre cities of both London and Paris it really can be done without too much sweat. What actually are you after, Jerry?

Posted by
11507 posts

hi Jerry,, I am wondering, do you think you are asking the staff at Rick Steves about their tours?
This "helpline" is a forum for fellow tourists and travellers, we all answer each others questions from our own experiences and knowledge when we can,, and ask others to answer questions that we have. If you are addressing the general group here, the answer is of course , many of us combine London and Paris .. its possibly the easiest two major cities to combine .. the Eurostar makes it dead simple. A simple 2.5 hr train ride from city center to city center.. no commuting to and from airports, no long train rides, and it can be cheap if tickets purchased well in advance.

Posted by
567 posts

Jerry, There is not a tour that just does London & Paris together. I think that may answer your question. There are tours that include each of these cities but not on the same tour. They offer one week tours for each of these cities separately. As it appears from your question you may already know of them. As others said, you can do these two cities easily on your own. Perhaps you could add some London Walks day tours and Paris Walks day tours to help you experience some aspect of them more in depth. If you decide to do this trip you can get more specific information on the helpline by clicking "To The North" for London, and "To the West" for Paris. Hope your question was answered.

Posted by
9436 posts

If you've never been to Europe and aren't comfortable going on your own, and you're specifically interested in just Paris and London, I'd recommend doing a RS tour of Paris then take the Eurostar to London on your own. After your RS tour you'll feel more comfortable being in Europe and going to London on your own will be easy since it's the same language and very similar culture.

Posted by
14549 posts

This is a little off your main point, Jerry, but there is a Rick Steves travel group meet-up this coming Sat in Moscow. There is a thread going with the time and place. We are a small but extremely interesting group! You would be welcome to join us! (And I am using the word us loosely as I actually wont be there, lol!)

Posted by
618 posts

We went to both cities 4 years ago when we took our kids for the first time to Europe. We wanted them to experience both cities and get a flavor for other cultures. There is a lot to see in both places and it's only 2 1/2 hour ride. I recomend that you fly into one city and out of the other to save you travel time. Have fun.

Posted by
53 posts

In 2010, we did the PAris city tour, then booked the Eurostar to London and did the London city tour. It was a good way for us to go as we had never been to Europe before. If that's what you're thinking of doing, plan ahead. The earlier you purchase tickets on the Eurostar, the cheaper they will be.

Posted by
10544 posts

Jerry, it would be helpful if you would let us know what you're looking for.

Posted by
1010 posts

You can easily plan your own tour to Paris and London. They are easy cities to get around in. There is so much to see and do. We took advantage of a lot of day bus tours to Windsor Castle, Bath, York, Stonehenge, the Cotswolds, London city tour, trains to almost everywhere in and around London. Paris city tour, Mont St. Michelle, Versailles, Giverney, some castles, the Loire Valley, the Normandy Beaches, etc. You can take bus tours everywhere and not have to drive. You get the commentary and can then go back to some places, at your leisure.