Please sign in to post.

London hotels

Recommendations on a hotel in London. Staying 3 nights, want to stay within walking distance of most attractions. Want to spend between $110.00 - $ 165.00 per night. 3.5 - 4.5 rating please.

Posted by
23269 posts

London is pretty spread out so it may be more important to be with in walking distance of the Tube. Victoria Station area is close to Buckingham Palace and some of the other attractions. We have used the Lime Tree Hotel which is probably above that price range and the Winchester Hotel which may only be 3 stars. Both were more than adequate for out stay but then we don't focus much on star ratings.

Posted by
582 posts

I was in London in October, and stayed at the Royal Court Apartments. It is near Hyde Park, where there are artist every Sunday. A very charming area. One block away there is an Indian place to eat, and it was the best Indian food I ever had in my whole life! It's called, "Tastes Of India." I had dinner there three times during my five day stay. There is no way you can walk to many of the attractions, because London is huge! This apartment is near the tube, and many buses are right there, including the Hop On, Hop Off Buses.
Have fun!!

Posted by
118 posts

Hi James,

My in-laws had a great stay at the Jesmond Hotel last year. It's very close to the British Museum and British Library, 1 mile to Trafalgar Square. It has great reviews on Trip Advisor, and my in-laws were delighted with the location, breakfast, amenities, etc.

Have a good trip!