Please sign in to post.

Laundry

We're going on Rick's 3 week Best of Europe tour and we're packing light-weight shirts, blouses, underwear, socks, etc. that we can wash in the bathroom sink. It would be great if there were a couple of hotels on our tour who would do all of our laundry for us so that I don't need to try to deal with washing slacks & shorts in a small sink. Do any of you know if any of the hotels on the tour might have laundry service? It would be worth paying extra for!

Posted by
2788 posts

A question better asked of the RS Tour Department since tour hotels can change from one tour to the next.

Posted by
11507 posts

We did a 14 day RS Family tour. There were two places we stayed that you could do your own laundry. We only did some in one place though.

You can ask tour department,, but they may not be able to commit to an answer,, since hotels change etc. but, I don't think you can count on anyone doing your laundry for you, RS hotels are generally smaller, and you are not there long enough to send stuff out,, two nights at most.

Posted by
1449 posts

If you use a laundromat you should stay with the clothes (or get a few people on the tour to do laundry at the same time and trade off watching the machines). On a RS tour one of the couples were doing laundry and there were some grungy looking kids who came in and made for a machine the couple from the tour had seen a young couple put their clothes in. The husband was only about 5'7" but worked in construction and was tough as nails; he stood in front of the dryer and the kids came up to him and glowered from inches away but he didn't back down. We were sure he saved their clothes from being stolen.

Posted by
2091 posts

Patty, once you find out which hotels you are staying at you'll be able to locate them on the map in Rick's book and the map will quite probably also indicate the nearest laundromat. The laundromat can be a great place to meet locals or other tourists and actually part of the experience!

Posted by
1589 posts

Even if any given hotel has no in house laundry service, the front desk will direct you to a local service. In many cases, the front desk clerk will arrange the whole deal for a nice tip up front.

Posted by
313 posts

I've run into Rick Steves tour members in local laundromats, as well.

Posted by
689 posts

I've actually booked hotels at the week/two week point on trips just because they had laundry facilities. I know it's too late to do that for this trip but it's very handy to do, in the future.