Please sign in to post.

Kindle Version of ETBD 2014 on sale for $1.99

I don't know how long this will last, but the Kindle version of ETBD 2014 is on sale for $1.99
Here's a link to it:

ETBD 2014

Posted by
7036 posts

Hey Frank II, thanks for the heads-up. My paper copy is soooo old and I didn't have it on Kindle - but now I do.

Posted by
4407 posts

Wow! Still $1.99...

Don't know if I needed it, but I bought it ;-)

Thanks, Frank!

Posted by
2349 posts

And to those of you who have bought it- I have a Paperwhite Kindle, not a tablet. I'd found a non RS guidebook to be difficult for some of the navigation, and impossible for maps. Is ETBD good for a non-tablet Kindle?

Posted by
4407 posts

Karen, if you are very familiar with RS' book layouts, meaning how the chapters are laid out, how he groups the info for each location (sites, museums, hotels, restaurants), etc., then it'll be fine. ETBD isn't his typical tour guidebook, but for $1.99 (if the price still holds - still $1.99 as of noon PST Mar 2) this is a cheap way to see if you Iike it. When I tried a free Kindle sample chapter years ago (on my Kindle), there were some quirks - maps couldn't be expanded, links didn't work, etc. I liked the guidebook just fine once I bought the entire thing - maps expanded/zoomed, links worked very well, etc. You do have to play with it a bit to learn how it works, like most E-books. I don't think the 'Touch' feature allows for 'pinch-and-expand' maneuvering (of maps) but I may be wrong. The 'Page Flip' feature sounds great for skimming through the pages of the book!

Edit: After playing with it on my iPad and my Kindle at the same time, I think you'll be OK with the E-book on your Kindle. The page layouts are a bit nicer on the color Kindle apps though. Maps aren't great on the Kindle...but OK.

Posted by
129 posts

Just grabbed it at 4:30pm Eastern time. Looks fine on my iPad. Can't beat the price.

Posted by
24 posts

The offer is still out there. I just downloaded it for my "Traveling Tablet" and my laptop. I have already purchased the City Guides and this will be a perfect compliment to those. Thanks for the heads up!

Posted by
2349 posts

Got it!

(Did you know there's a minimum amount of 10 characters required for a reply? Just "Got it!" didn't do it!)

Posted by
1825 posts

Wed at 11:30 a.m. eastern-price still good and I grabbed it. I have the paper version from a year ago, but this way I will always have it on my Kindle as a reference, since I don't travel with it as a book.

Posted by
32795 posts

Still available on Amazon.

only in the US Amazon site. The European ones have continuously shown the full price and the sale never propogated.

Posted by
13952 posts

I have resisted this until now. It's on my Kindle. lol

Posted by
1446 posts

I broke down and used it to 'baptize' my brand new iPad Mini... woo hoo!!! :-)

Thanks Frank!

Posted by
11 posts

Thanks! Wasn't really considering this, but now I look forward to skimming it (or reading the whole thing? who knows?) before an upcoming trip, and having it on my Kindle when we go. :)

Posted by
3580 posts

I just bought a digital edition of ETBD 2013 for $0.01. It was worth jumping thru the hoops registering a couple of places to download the book onto my iPad. The 2014 version is no longer 2 bucks.

Posted by
1540 posts

Thanks I just bought it. I also have the Italy guide from a trip to Italy last year. I will agree that it is hard to navigate the kindle version - but for the price -
I say a big
Thank You.