Please sign in to post.

Just returned from Europe!

Hello all! I just got back from London, Paris, Amsterdam and Berlin and just wanted to share the AWESOME time I had with everyone. I was worried at first as I was travellng alone but it was so easy to meet people! Just a few things I would do differently.

1. Set my train times for after 8:30am. Hard for a 25 year old to make that train, I had to pay 50 pounds because I missed the Eurostar from London to Paris!

2. Have a more realistic budget- I ended up going well over my 80 Euro a day budget.. lots of it was on all the tasty food there was in Europe!

3. Take day trips to smaller cities- well worth it!

4. Not go in August. I know this is pretty shallow but some nightclubs close completely in Paris and Berlin because August is a slow month. Was told by many people to go in July.

Other than that that was it! The trains are so central there I didn't have any problem whatsoever locating them! Also the tube stations were easy to follow in every city as well. I am already planning a trip to Europe in July of next year! Cheers, Shawn.

Posted by
1717 posts

Hello Shawn. We appreciate your report of your trip in Europe. If your home is at or near Miami, you are privileged to have easy and relatively low cost transportation to England. Flying from Miami International Airport to London Heathrow Airport. Many people who are residents in the U.S.A., going to England or Europe, must fly a very long distance to an international airport in the U.S.A., and fly from that airport to an airport at England or Europe. And people returning to their home in California from Europe : they experience a very long day of travel. They could be awake for 27 hours, or more, that day (travelling from a hotel room in Europe to their home in California).

Posted by
15 posts

Yes I live in Miami. The flight wasn't bad, just $520.00. And yes I did hook up, lol!

Posted by
32212 posts

Shawn,

Welcome back! It's great that you had such a nice time in Europe. Like most of us, I see you're already planning a return trip.