1 night Rothenburg

3 nights Ramsau am Dachstein in the Austrian Alps

3 nights Slovenia- Lake Bled

3 nights Padua Italy

3 nights ???

2 nights Mittenwald

2 nights Munich

Fly home

Any suggestions for that 3 night stay before we get to Mittenwald.

I think I'd like more Italy. We have stayed in Venice, Verona and Lake Como, so I'm looking for something new in the region. Any ideas? Or, any suggestions on the whole trip?

Posted by
10544 posts

Is Tuscany too far south? I know you would love it and you know there is an awesome (but unnamed here) place to stay. They have a little apartment, which would be perfect for the 3 of you.

Posted by
1923 posts

Yes, it is too far! It would be about a 6:20 drive from Bled, Slovenia to Siena and then about the same going back to Mittenwald. I would love a 3 day stay at an agriturismo in Italy with villages to visit. We can go back up into the alps, I just don't want too many alps on our trip.

Posted by
12040 posts

"I just don't want too many alps on our trip." Give yourself at least 3 nights in any Alpine location. That gives you two whole days. The Alps, more than most destinations in Europe, are weather-dependent. If your one day is cloudy or rainy, then it's basically a wasted destination. Two full days helps you play the odds much better. If you're concerned about too much time in the Alps, cut one Alpine destination and add the time to another.

Posted by
3262 posts

Have you been to Ljubljana? It's a great small city for 2-3 nights and near Lake Bled.

Another option would be Trieste, Italy for 2-3 nights between Lake Bled and Padua.