Please sign in to post.

Itinerary

I swore I wasn't going to ask for a critique on my itinerary but I am finding I just can't resist.
2 days in Austria, fly to Venice, 3 days in Venice, fly to Lyon, overnight in Lyon (because we are picking up a rental car) 3 days driving through the Loire Valley, train/bus to get to Mont St Michel, overnight in Mont St Michel, train to Paris, 5 days in Paris with a day trip to Versaille and maybe Fontainbleau.

Posted by
11507 posts

Three days in Venice is one day too long. Add day to Paris if you want to daytrip out to Versailles, or add to Mont St Michel and see Bayeaux or some D Day beaches.

Posted by
87 posts

I as originally only going to do 2 days in Venice. We were going to take a night train from Vienna to Venice but it was so much cheaper to fly. I probably should have added the extra day somewhere else.

Posted by
87 posts

I don't think it is impolite to post the itinerary but we are leaving in a few weeks and I can't really make many changes as plane tickets are already bought and paid for. I didn't want people to tell me my itinerary was horrible when I couldn't change it :)

Posted by
87 posts

Thank you :)
I was really afraid people would say it was awful or not doable. This will be my first, but hopefully not last, trip to Europe.

Posted by
4132 posts

I also think this is a good itinerary, not just "feasible" but also creative and fun. Congratulations!

My only suggestion would be to keep the car for the trip to Mt. St. Michel. Loire-to-Normandy travel is apt to be long and tedious otherwise. You can return the car in Bayeux or Caen or Rennes and catch a train into Paris.