Please sign in to post.

Itinerary Check?

Here is my sample itinerary for an upcoming trip. Should I delete a day from Prague and add it to Budapest?
I am traveling with my boyfriend. We are both in our mid-twenties and live in Brooklyn. We enjoy cafes, seeing sights, walking around. Not too into tours or lots of museums, if that helps.

Itinerary:
August 13th- Travel to Budapest
Day 1 August 14th- Arrive in Budapest at 11am
Day 2 August 15th- Budapest
Day 3 August 16th- Budapest
Day 4 August 17th- Travel to Bratislava for lunch- Travel to Vienna
Day 5 August 18th- Vienna
Day 6 August 19th- Vienna
Day 7 August 20th- Vienna- Travel to Prague
Day 8 August 21st- Prague
Day 9 August 22nd- Prague
Day 10 August 23rd- Prague
Day 11 August 24th- Prague
Day 12 August 25th- Prague
Day 13 August 26th- Leave Prague in morning- 21 hour lay over in Brussels. 1pm to 10 am next day. Will spend the night.
Day 14 August 27th- Arrive home in NYC

Posted by
308 posts

Yes, I would move one of your Prague days to Budapest. Budapest deserves equal time to Prague.

Posted by
18664 posts

They are in their mid-20's. Prague can be very enjoyably hedonistic at that age. If that's the reason for so many days in Prague, then Vienna is one day too long.

Your lunch in Bratislava will turn the 2:37 trip to Vienna into about a 6:30 trip. With time to and from the train station and an hour for lunch in Bratislava.

Posted by
4637 posts

Yes, you can do that. Budapest needs at least three days. Budapest and Prague are eye candies with gorgeous views across the river. They both have cafes (Vienna is IMHO #1 in that), you find sights in all three. Prague is the most walkable out of those three cities and has two medieval neighborhoods. Royal Golden Way from Powder Tower - Old Town Square - Charles Bridge - Hradcany Castle is very crowded during a day. I recommend to do it in the morning before 9 am. The earlier the fewer people. Cafes are the best in Vienna, wine in Budapest, beer in Prague.

Posted by
14580 posts

Hi,

If I had allotted so many days for Prague, I would certainly include day trips r/t to Konopischt and another historical town/site. .

Posted by
22 posts

I should add that we aren't really party people. Perhaps I will move a day from Prague to Budapest then.

Posted by
7891 posts

Six days is Prague is too much, even it you visit places outside the city on day trips.

I would go with four nights in Prague. If you can fit in Salzburg for a day, that would be good.

Posted by
1844 posts

At best you have 2 1/2 days in Budapest, if you suffer from heavy jet lag you will have less than that. It looks like the RS Prague Budapest tour splits it time roughly in half 4 nights Prague, 3 Budapest. Unless you have identified activities that require 5 full days in Prague I would shift one or more days to Budapest.

Posted by
22 posts

I will look into Salzburg, but I think we settled on moving one day to Budapest giving us 3 1/2 days to explore.