Please sign in to post.

Itinerary advice please!

My wife and I will be in Europe from August 12 until September 3rd. We begin our trip in Paris and end in Amsterdam. Now we just need to decide where to go in between. We did two weeks last years as well and found the 4 cities in two weeks was a great pace for us. We're young (27 and 24) and have plenty of energy to see a lot in little time. We were considering Paris-Prague-Belgium-Amsterdam or possibly Paris-Belgium-Berlin-Amsterdam. I'm open to any and all suggestions though.

*In our last trip, we visited Amsterdam (going back because we loved it), Munich, Venice, and Rome, so aside from AMS, those won't be visited again this time around

Posted by
6670 posts

With just over three weeks you should be fine with four cities, especially if you can give Amsterdam a little less time because of your prior visit. I'd suggest Paris-Prague-Berlin-Amsterdam, or Paris-Berlin-Prague-Amsterdam, depending on what train connections work best for you. With due respect to Belgium, I don't know what there would stack up against Prague or Berlin, especially for high-energy young people. But if you have something particular in mind, you could add that late in your trip.

Posted by
4132 posts

A shame to be in Europe that time of year and only see cities! But I have no specific suggestions on that score.

Posted by
14580 posts

Good choices in the Paris-Belgium--Berlin-Amsterdam itinerary for the calendar you have. Just a matter of organising which sights are top priority in each place.