Please sign in to post.

Italy

Is May an optimal time to see Cinque Terre? What others cities near there are highlights to see?
Traveling around via a rental car is this best outside of Cinque Terre? How about carrarra?

Posted by
500 posts

There is an Italy forum -To the Boot
If you have a rental car you should be looking for a place to stay that has parking as some of the towns like Vernazza don't have any cars in town.

Posted by
358 posts

The RS village Italy tour we took included a 1/2 day stop in Carrarra and we were able to tour a marble factory. The white marble stone mountains are a beautiful sight.

Posted by
6898 posts

What time in May? We went in the last few days of May and the weather was warm and great. No cold and no rain. The seas were a bit high so the ferry from Monterosso to Portovenere was not running for two days. It did run on the 3rd day and the sky was clear and views spectacular. Not sure about early May.

Posted by
12313 posts

I think May is ideal. A little outside the highest and hotest season but still plenty warm.

Posted by
907 posts

Italy is May is as good as it gets. Little crowds, and lots of flowers. Lucca, Pisa, Portofino. I love Portovenere. In fact we stayed there and parked our car in the hotel and took the boat to the cities. Love it. You will see a lot of posts recommending trains. I love to drive in Italy. Its fun.