Please sign in to post.

italy

i am going to florence, positano and sorrento in easrly sept for my honeymoon.
can anybody recommend any special places / sights/ restaurants/ wineries anything that would be of interest to us honeymooners? maybe something thats not on every tourists itinierary? im worried we are going to be bored !! thanks!

Posted by
8293 posts

You worry about being bored on your honeymoon! I don't know what to make of that.

Posted by
1948 posts

Are you kidding? How could you get bored on your honeymoon even if it was in Podunk, USA. But to be in Italy with the one you love-how could it get any better. You will have the sea, flowers, limoncella, art, great wine, great coffee AND ITALY! Have a wonderful time-oh, and get Rick's Italy book for suggestions on what to do-if you haven't already. Then let us know what interests you and we can give you feedback.

Posted by
23548 posts

You also might consider deleting this posting and re-posting in the Italy section.

Posted by
7052 posts

Boredom = lack of imagination I would check out Pompeii, Naples, and/or Capri due to their proximity to Sorrento. Not knowing what your interests are, I'm not sure what specifically I would recommend. I would say that Naples is most like NYC - and that's a good thing. It's crazy and chaotic and has amazing attractions (Tripadvisor has 'em all)

Posted by
32321 posts

rosie, As the others have said, I doubt that you'll be bored on your honeymoon. While in Positano, you could take a day trip to Capri and browse some of the posh stores (Gucci, Prada, Armani, etc.). If you have a "generous budget", one restaurant that I'd recommend is L'Antica Trattoria in Sorrento. It's a bit pricey but it would be a great choice for a honeymoon and the food is wonderful (IMO)! Congratulations!

Posted by
15768 posts

Bored in Italy? Only if you never leave your hotel room - oh, wait, you're on your honeymoon. Florence - being on the Santa Trinita bridge at sunset and enjoying the view of the Ponte Vecchio and the Arno. Sorrento - very good (and reasonable priceds) food at L'Abate. Bar Syrenuse is another restaurant with good food and some evenings there is live music.

Posted by
964 posts

Rosie, I'm sure worrying about being bored is just a sign of wedding jitters.
It'll be fine! Relax and enjoy yourself. They are all beautiful places and if you do nothing else but wander around and enjoy the ambience and beauty with your new husband, you'll have a wonderful time. And congratulations!