Please sign in to post.

infant carry pack

We are going to Norway this summer and our child will be 1year old. We have a baby Bjorn but she will be to big for this. Can anyone suggest a good backpack that our baby can fit in so I can carry her around and would be light.

Posted by
9110 posts

Kelty makes one. REI sells it. About $250.

Posted by
1358 posts

If you have a Babies R Us or similar store near you, go there and try on the ones they have there. You want to make sure it's comfortable before you spend money on one. We have a Baby Trend one that we got years ago for about $75. We like it because it's light and it converts into a stroller (kinda -- it has 2 wheels, so it's more like a baby hand truck) or can stand on its own with the baby in it.

Also take a peek on Craig's list or Ebay.

Posted by
1040 posts

We used one like this for both our kids, including taking an 18-month-old to England and Scotland and regular hikes in the Canadian Rockies:

child backpack

It wasn't this exact brand, but I've forgotten what brand it was. It worked extremely well for us. Even I (5'2") could carry it fairly long distances, though I usually tried to pawn it off on my husband. Has a zipped pouch for diapers and all the other baby stuff. Has a rain/sun shade that you can put on or off.

My favorite memory is of my daughter sleeping in it, parked upright on the floor next to our table, while we had a lovely long meal in Edinburgh.

It's also lightweight and a zillion times more practical than a stroller in Europe. You have hands free, she's not going to get tipped over, she has a great view and is close to you, which she will like if she likes a baby Bjorn.