Please sign in to post.

Increased Costs in Europe in 2011

Someone recently told me that I should try to travel to Europe before 2011 because "something" was going to increase at the beginning of the year. Does anyone have a clue what they might mean?

Posted by
32324 posts

mary,

I don't normally pay too much attention to forecasts of that type. Costs are always increasing with one thing or another.

My decision is fairly simple - do I want to travel to Europe or not? If the decision is "yes", then I'll have to deal with whatever the costs are. I wouldn't make a special trip to Europe this year, just because the costs might increase next year.

Cheers!

Posted by
22 posts

Currency rates are always going up and down. The Euro increased last month (one euro was $1.24USD at the beginning of the month, now one euro is $1.30USD, a 6 percent increase) but regardless of how much the euro ends up being worth you should go whenever you feel like going, just make due with what you have. I'm sure the euro is going to continue increasing throughout this year, the currency exchange is going to make the biggest impact of your spending.

Posted by
2776 posts

probably true. Of course "something" could decrease too.

Advice like that is best ignored.

Posted by
3551 posts

go when you can prices rarely incr or decrease enuf to stop or start a trip. Altho it may shorten a vacation.