Please sign in to post.

Iceland ??

I am thinking of taking aguided tour to Iceland in summer. For those that may have already visited what is your opinion on traveling to the high points of the country? Worth it or not?

Posted by
16096 posts

Yes. Going back this summer.

Just bring lots of money. It's very expensive.

Posted by
2131 posts

Yes it is worth it. I want to go back but too many other places on my must do list. I don't like to backtrack much but would consider a winter trip in hopes of getting some nice northern light shows. I went in July. I loved it! So beautiful.

Posted by
351 posts

I'm going this summer on a guided tour. Can't wait to go, my tour is 7 nights. Everyone I've spoken to loved Iceland

Posted by
6113 posts

I have done a self drive. There is little traffic and no need to do a guided tour, then you can stop wherever you want to take in the fantastic scenery.

It is expensive.

Posted by
3261 posts

I would love to go pony trekking there! But what is the food like? I prefer to eat seafood and vegetables, not beef or lamb.

Posted by
8102 posts

We were on a cruise that stopped in Iceland. We only had one day, did the Golden Circle tour that was fantastic.

We heard stories of people that rented cars and drove to remote areas and hit bad weather and were found dead later, freezing to death. If you rent a car, just research were you are going and check the weather and keep safe.

Posted by
334 posts

Iceland is worth it. If you travel to the national parks and enjoy the outdoors, you will love it. When you say a "guided tour," what type of tour are you talking about? A short one with Reykjavik and the Golden Circle or a longer one going around the perimeter of the country?

Posted by
59 posts

It is definitely worth it!!! It was my favorite part of our trip! In my opinion, the best way to see Iceland is to rent a car and drive yourself. My husband and I spent 2 weeks in Iceland in June/July 2016. PM if you are curious about any specifics/details.