Please sign in to post.

Iceland

The country western duo Montgomery Gentry did a music video in Iceland last year (2007). Part of it was shot on a beach of black sand. Does any one know exactly where in Iceland this was? Or does anyone know who I could contact in Iceland (or anywhere else) to find this information? Thank you for any help.

Posted by
25 posts

Just google "Iceland travel". We spent 6 days in Iceland last year, and found all kinds of info on the net, including the contact for the travel office and they consistently answered emails.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks for the help Robert. Here is the response I got back from Highlander Adventures:

“This was most likely taken in the South, near Vik and the waterfall is Skogarfoss. In front of Skogarfoss, about 10 km east, one can go down to the beach of black sand. This is popular for films and movies.”

Robert, what kind of vehicle did you drive when you were there? I’m going in the middle of July and the cost of a four wheeler is a $1000 more than a mid-size. I plan to drive around the whole island but I really don’t think I’ll get off the beaten path.

Posted by
25 posts

I was there in January, and did not drive at all. Took two one day tours out of Rejkavik....roads were just sheets of ice.

Sorry.