Please sign in to post.

I have not heard from my Hotel in Paris re: my cancellation

Does any one know how long I should wait before I contact the hotel I have reservations at in Paris regarding my reservation cancellation? I booked the hotel, I changed my plans and wrote twice to cancel, but have not heard back. I will call them directly if needed, but i'm just wondering if I should give them a few more days. I will be arriving in Paris on 9/6/07, and it's been 4 days since they confirmed my stay. I'm running out of time...any ideas? By the way, the Hotel is "The Grand Hotel Leveque"

Posted by
221 posts

this happened to me in England once and I never did get a refund, they said they never got my information and charged me anyway. I had emailed them. good luck!

Posted by
1568 posts

I would suggest you call your credit card company and request they not honor any payments to that particular hotel within the next 6 months. I had a charge come in 3 months after we left Europe from a hotel I also had cancelled a reservation. I had an email cancelling the reservation in plenty of time too.

Posted by
1455 posts

If you DO call them, I would also have them fax or email you a confirmation you cancelled or definitely get a name you spoke to. In addition you can mail, email or fax a letter reconfirming you spoke to that person, cancel # and date.

Never assume anything.

Best of luck, and as one person posted, advise your credit card company you are not authorizing anythign from that hotel

Posted by
11 posts

Thank you all who responded to my post. I have written the hotel directly (via snail mail)and the idea of contacting my credit card was great. I will be doing this asap. Thanks again for all of your suggestions and for your support.

Posted by
2088 posts

I canceled a reservation by email at Grand Lévêque for an April, '06 trip and never had any problems.